- 100% Solarguard Heavyweight Nylon
- Strong Canvass Header
- Solid Brass Grommets
- Flies well and dries fast
- NYL-GLO Nylon
- Flannel Lined Pole Sleeve with Velcro Tabs
- Golden Yellow Rayon Fringe
- Not intended for outdoor use
The flag of the state of New York is the state's coat of arms on a blue background. It depicts two supporters:
- Left: Liberty, with the Revolutionary imagery of a Phrygian cap raised on a pole. Her left foot treads upon a crownthat represents freedom from the British monarchy that once ruled what is now New York as a colony.
- Right: blindfolded Justice, with scales and sword.
The unheraldic nature of the Hudson River landscape reveals the modern origin of the coat-of-arms. The crest is an eagle surmounting a world globe. The two ships represent inland and foreign commerce, both of which are important for the state of New York.
The motto Excelsior is a Latin word meaning "higher", "superior", "lordly", and is commonly translated as "Ever Upward.".