- 100% Solarguard Heavyweight Nylon
- Strong Canvass Header
- Solid Brass Grommets
- Flies well and dries fast
- NYL-GLO Nylon
- Flannel Lined Pole Sleeve with Velcro Tabs
- Golden Yellow Rayon Fringe
- Not intended for outdoor use
The Flag of the State of Michigan depicts the state's coat-of-arms on a dark blue field, as set forth by Michigan state law.
The state coat of arms depicts a light blue shield, upon which the sun rises over a lake and peninsula, and a man with raised hand and holding a long gun representing peace and the ability to defend his rights. As supporters the elk and moose are derived from the Hudson's Bay Company coat of arms, the first defacto government of Michigan when it was called Canada, and depict great animals of Michigan. The bald eagle represents the United States which formed the State of Michigan from the Northwest Territory.
The design features three Latin mottos. From top-to-bottom they are:
- On red ribbon: E Pluribus Unum, "Out of many, one", a motto of the United States
- On light blue shield: Tuebor, "I will defend"
- On white ribbon: Si Quæris Peninsulam Amœnam Circumspice, "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you" (the official state motto)