Our Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Flag comes in many sizes with both indoor and outdoor uses. All US Territory Flags in our US Territory Flag Collection, including this Northern Mariana Islands Flag, are made to official design specifications and are printed single side.
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Flag has strong canvas header and two solid brass grommets
- Territory flag artwork is printed on 200 denier UV treated nylon
- Four rows of lock-stitching on the fly end of the flag
- Great flyability, even in a slight breeze
- Made in the USA!
- NYL-GLO Nylon
- Flannel Lined Pole Sleeve with Velcro Tabs
- Golden Yellow Rayon Fringe
- Not intended for outdoor use
The flag of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands was adopted on July 4, 1976. In common with other states of the Pacific, such as the Marshall Islands and Nauru, the flag for the Northern Mariana Islands (NMI) shows a blue field and a white star. In the case of this nation, the flag takes its inspiration from the United Nations, as the NMI had once been a UN Trust Territory. The symbol behind the white star is a latte stone, a Chamorro house foundation.
The decorative wreath, or mwarmwar, was added in 1981, and maintains the link between the islands and its sacred history and customs.