Our Alaska State Flag comes in many sizes with both indoor and outdoor uses. All State flags in our US State flag collection, including this Alaska State Flag, are made to official State design specifications.
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Flag has strong canvas header and two solid brass grommets
- State flag artwork is printed on 200 denier UV treated nylon, single sided, read reverse on back
- Four rows of lock-stitching on the fly end of the flag
- Great flyability, even in a slight breeze
- Made in the USA!
- NYL-GLO Nylon
- Flannel Lined Pole Sleeve with Velcro Tabs
- Golden Yellow Rayon Fringe
- Not intended for outdoor use
The flag of the state of Alaska consists of eight gold stars, forming the Big Dipper and the North Star, on a dark blue field. The Big Dipper is an asterism in the constellation Ursa Major which symbolizes a bear, an animal indigenous to Alaska. As depicted on the flag, its stars can be used as a guide by the novice to locate Polaris and determine true north, which varies considerably from a magnetic north.
The design was created by Benny Benson of Seward and selected from among roughly 700 entries in a 1927 contest.